What’s an IMUNURI?
/ i’mōōnərē /
1. to give someone or something a name that is impossible to remember and pronounce (e.g. That band totally imunuried themselves!)
2. a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts (e.g. Writing music is all about thinking of the song as an imunuri.)
3. an eclectic rock band from Brooklyn (e.g. Hey, check out IMUNURI’s first full length album Elephant Shaped Trees!)
* Just spell the name aloud a few times – you’ll get it eventually!
Elephant Shaped Trees – Released and Available Now!
What’s it sound like?
Like our band name, our music can be defined in lots of different ways. NY Music Daily called us “intense female-fronted psychedelic funk.” No More Division reviewed us as “funky indie rock with plenty of energy… unpretentious, feel good music.” And some fans have said that our music is like a smorgasbord of every 90s music genre. We call ourselves an eclectic rock band, but (again, like our band name) you can call us whatever you want!
- Bar Chord
- Brooklyn, NY, United States
Bar Chord 1008 Cortelyou Rd
Brooklyn, NY 11218
2 sets, free admission, 21+
- Rockwood Music Hall (Stage 1)
- New York, NY, United States
Rockwood Music Hall 196 Allen St
New York, NY 10002
Stage 1, free admission, 21+, 1 set
- Penuche's Music Hall
- Manchester, NH, United States
Penuche's Music Hall 1087 Elm Street
Manchester, NH 03101
with Room To Move
- Skydive New England
- Lebanon, ME, United States
Skydive New England 40 Skydive Lane
Lebanon, ME 04027
Memorial Day Weekend Party